Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weird, Wild, Wonderful 4 - Jan 10 - 16


The blog Appetite (discovering the world of food one photograph at a time) is absolutely stunning. The food photos are some of the best I have ever seen, and there are recipes, travels (showcasing food), and chitchat about food.

The blog and the photos (like the one at left) are the work of Penny De Los Santos.

This is one of the best blogs I have seen for food, photography, recipes - some of my favourite things, all brought together in one place.



Tastespotting.com calls itself a "community-driven visual potluck" and showcases recipes and photos that members submit. The images are wonderful and clicking on one takes you to the submitter's site/blog for the recipe.

The bonus is that it links to so many other awesome food sites. The Curried Wild Rice and Chicken Chowder (photo from blog, above, left) sounds excellent, so I've linked directly to the submitter's blog. The second bonus is that you can join and submit something of your own.


I wonder how many food blogs there are? Millions, probably - so not hard to find good ones. The editor of Tastespotting has her own great blog - Chocolate Shavings. This blog has professional and stunning food photos and recipes that you can access by category as well as by just randomly browsing through the posts.
 

Finally for this week, The Ballerina Gallery, a website entirely of photos of ballerinas. The home page has an alphabetical list of dozens of great dancers with a link to a photo gallery for each one. Quite fascinating. There were far more names on the list that I didn't know, than there were ones that I did, but just randomly clicking on any one yields some great photos.

(The photo is of Margot Fonteyn, by Baron.)

2 comments:

Angelshair said...

The blogs about food opened my appetite, with all their great pictures!! If only I was a good cook!!

ChrisJ said...

angelshair,
I know what you mean - when I look at the pictures, I get hungry!